Saturday, January 23, 2016

Week 3 / 2016 - Vamped Review

Another week another book, this time we have Vamped.

Vamped is your typical teenage vampire story. I think I said it best when I described it as a combination between Twilight and the Underworld series. You have the powers and teenage drama aspect of Twilight, and the group and big female lead from Underworld. When it comes to books aimed at teens I honestly thought that Vamped was not that bad. It did occasionally use words that no teenager would ever use, but other than that it wasn't bad. It had a decent amount of action in it and it never got boring throughout the story.

Our main character is Gina who recently became a vampire after necking with our other main character Bobby at an after prom party (then getting in a car crash killing her). After being buried she then awakes as a vampire and our story begins. As the story goes it is simply about a struggle for power. I think twilight matches the story the best. In Vamped you have a council and a group looking to take over and kill the council (same setup as Twilight). Our story follows Gina as she just tries to survive throughout not only her capture by Mellisandes group, but the fight between Mellis group and the council.

For vampire lovers and lovers of Young-Adult books this will be another good book to add to your collection. This was kind of a short review, but there really isn't much that I didn't like about the book. It was definitely outside my usual reading comfort zone, but I enjoyed reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment